Good-Bye
Shirley J. Stankiewicz
(Ode to Alcohol)
The queasy feeling in my stomach
The pounding in my head
The only thoughts in my mind
Were wishing I was dead
My forehead covered in cold sweats
Body shakes beyond the control
The endless aching in my bones
As you consumed my very soul
The minutes turned into hours
The hours turned into days
suddenly, every moment that I ever lived
Was just a smoke-filled haze
As I watched my body waste away
And my life slowly coming to an end
I realized. That I was wrong
You're the devil & not my friend
So, I'm taking back what's left of my life
Not one more second will you dominate
I'll bet the strength that lives in me
You didn't anticipate
Cast your spell on someone else
Find another unsuspecting prey
I came to live, NOT to die
And my life begins TODAY...
0 Comments
Please Do Not Enter Any Spam Link In The Comment Box.